Exchange Recovery Software
Microsoft Exchange Server stores user mailboxes in Exchange Database (EDB) file format. Like any other database file, EDB files are vulnerable to corruption. Keeping EDB related issues in mind, Microsoft has provided Eseutil, a command-line utility, to help system administrators and help desk staff to resolve EDB related issues. Using Exchange Eseutil 2003 tool, the system administrator and help desk staff can perform following tasks:
- Database defragmentation
- Database repair
- Database integrity check
- Compact the database
- Verify checksum on all pages in EDB file, log files, and checkpoints
- View headers of EDB file, log files, transaction files, etc.
To be able to use Eseutil Exchange 2003, it is important that the system administrator have a good knowledge about Exchange Eseutil and its switches. There are various switches used with Eseutil to perform aforementioned tasks. For example, Eseutil /d is used to defragment the database, Eseutil /p is used to repair the database, Eseutil /k is used to verify checksums on all pages, and so on. Though, Eseutil offers lots of benefits, it also has some limitations that are listed below:
- It can be run against one Exchange database at a time.
- It can be used to perform only offline defragmentation, which means, it does not support online defragmentation.
- It can repair EDB file having minor corruption only.
- Restores corrupt or damaged EDB files by saving MS Exchange Server EDB files into MS Outlook PST files, Live Exchange Server, or Office 365.
- Recovers all EDB mailbox items including permanently deleted emails, contacts, attachments, drafts, appointments, notes, sent emails, journals etc.
- Restores data from Exchange public folders and offline EDB files.
- Offers quick migration of EDB files to Archive Mailboxes and Public folders.
- Saves recovered individual mailbox items in MSG (ANSI/Unicode), HTML, TXT, RTF and EML formats.
- Migrates all EDB mailboxes to the Live Exchange Server or cloud based Office 365.
- Enables the recovery and conversion of multiple EDB files into the Outlook PST, Production Exchange Server, or Office 365 mailboxes.
- Easily recovers multiple user mailboxes from EDB files.
- Overcomes Exchange dirty shutdown state and brings the server back to clean shutdown state.
- Facilitates saving mailbox data based on dates.
- Permits user to create new PST files with specified sizes.
- Allows to save each mailbox in separate PST files once the EDB to PST file conversion gets over.
- Preserves accurate content of Unicode characters with foreign languages (like Chinese, Japanese, French etc.) as it is.
- Searches and finds specific items from EDB file to save them only.
- Provides an advanced calendar setting in date-range filter to define the date range.
- Enables user to choose the desired Exchange Server version via “Ask for EDB Version “option.
- Converts EDB files of MS Exchange Server - 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.0, 5.5 versions.
- Compatible with all versions of MS Outlook including MS Outlook 2016.
- Fully supports all the editions of Office 365 service.
- Facility to migrate 25 items per folder from Exchange EDB file to PST file, live Exchange Server or to Office 365 using the free evaluation copy of the software.
- Impeccable migration of EDB files to Archive Mailboxes and Public folders
Exchange Recovery software – the best alternative to Eseutil
Exchange Server 2003 experts recommend using Defrag Exchange 2003 when there is a need to defragment the database, verify the state of database or verify integrity in database tables. However, if you want to repair EDB using Eseutil Exchange and Exchange Server 2003 has failed to repair the database, you are suggested to use third-party Exchange repair
At times, it happens that Eseutil fails to repair the database completely and bring it back to clean shutdown state. This usually happens when the EDB has major issues. In such scenarios, tools like Exchange Recovery Software enables you to repair EDB file and accurately recover user mailboxes. Thus, the Exchange
Database Recovery software helps in bringing your database to a clean shutdown state resolving the following error messages:
- Exchange Server Error 550
- Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service
- JET_errRecordNotFound, the key was not found
- Exchange Server Error Code 528
- # JET_errDatabaseDirtyShutdown -550
- # JET_errInvalidDatabase -1028
- # JET_errDatabaseCorruptedNoRepair -1224
The above-mentioned errors along with some other Exchange errors can be resolved when we repair the corrupt Exchange database file. The Exchange recovery software thoroughly scans the EDB file and retrieves user mailboxes from it. It then allows you to save the output either in PST or EDB file formats. Mailboxes saved in PST file format can be directly opened using MS Outlook while the EDB file needs to be mounted on Exchange Server. Also, you can save all your recovered EDB files directly to the Productive Exchange Server or Office 365 cloud service, without interfering with the working of the server.