Exchange Recovery Software
Microsoft Exchange Server stores user mailboxes
in Exchange Database (EDB) file format. Like any
other database file, EDB files are vulnerable to
corruption. Keeping EDB related issues in mind,
Microsoft has provided Eseutil, a command-line utility,
to help system administrators and help desk staff
to resolve EDB related issues. Using Exchange Eseutil
2003 tool, the system administrator and help desk
staff can perform following tasks:
- Database defragmentation
- Database repair
- Database integrity check
- Compact the database
- Verify checksum on all pages in EDB
file, log files, and checkpoints
- View headers of EDB file, log files,
transaction files, etc.
To be able to use Eseutil Exchange 2003, it is
important that the system administrator have a good
knowledge about Exchange Eseutil and its switches.
There are various switches used with Eseutil to
perform aforementioned tasks. For example, Eseutil
/d is used to defragment the database, Eseutil /p
is used to repair the database, Eseutil /k is used
to verify checksums on all pages, and so on. Though,
Eseutil offers lots of benefits, it also has some
limitations that are listed below:
- It can be run against one Exchange database
at a time.
- It can be used to perform only offline defragmentation,
which means, it does not support online defragmentation.
- It can repair EDB file having minor corruption
- Recovers corrupt or damaged EDB files and
restores them to MS Outlook PST files, Live
Exchange Server or Office 365 folders.
- Recovers all EDB mailbox items including
permanently deleted emails, contacts, attachments,
drafts, appointments, notes, sent emails, journals
- Restores data from BKF files, Exchange public
folders, Archive folders and offline EDB files.
- Offers migration option between EDB, Live
Exchange Server and Office 365.
- Saves individual mailbox items in MSG (ANSI/Unicode),
HTML, TXT, RTF and EML formats.
- Avails copy-paste and drag-drop options
for effortless migration of EDB mailbox items.
- Enables tracking of mailbox items within
multiple mailboxes and associated file items.
- Allows review of all the actions carried
through the software under Operation Logs.
- Overcomes Exchange dirty shutdown state
and brings the server back to clean shutdown
- Facilitates restoration of mailbox items
on the basis of different filter criteria like
date, sender etc.
- Permits user to create new PST files with
- Offers split file option for heavy EDB files
to avoid saving complications after conversion.
- Preserves accurate content of Unicode characters
with foreign languages (like Chinese, Japanese,
French etc.) as it is.
- Provides the software interface in French,
English and German language.
- Provides an advanced calendar setting in
date-range filter to define the date range.
- Enables user to choose the desired Exchange
Server version via “Ask for EDB Version ”option.
- Converts EDB files of MS Exchange Server
- 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.0, 5.5
- Compatible with all versions of MS Outlook
including MS Outlook 2016.
- Fully supports all the editions of Office
- Facility to extract 2 items per session
and migrate 25 items per folder from Exchange
EDB file to PST file, live Exchange Server or
to Office 365 using the free evaluation copy
of the software.
- Impeccable migration of EDB files to Archive
Mailboxes and Public folders
Exchange Recovery software – the best alternative
Exchange Server 2003 experts recommend using
Defrag Exchange 2003 when there is a need to defragment
the database, verify the state of database or verify
integrity in database tables. However, if you want
to repair EDB using Eseutil Exchange and Exchange
Server 2003 has failed to repair the database, you
are suggested to use third-party Exchange repair
At times, it happens that Eseutil fails to repair
the database completely and bring it back to clean
shutdown state. This usually happens when the EDB
has major issues. In such scenarios, tools like
Exchange Recovery Software enables you to repair
EDB file and accurately recover user mailboxes.
Exchange Database Recovery software helps in
bringing your database to a clean shutdown state
resolving the following error messages:
- Exchange Server Error 550
- Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange
Information Store service
- JET_errRecordNotFound, the key was not found
- Exchange Server Error Code 528
- # JET_errDatabaseDirtyShutdown -550
- # JET_errInvalidDatabase -1028
- # JET_errDatabaseCorruptedNoRepair -1224
The above-mentioned errors along with some other Exchange errors can be resolved when we repair the corrupt Exchange database file. The Exchange recovery software thoroughly scans the EDB file and retrieves user mailboxes from it. It then allows you to save the output either in PST or EDB file formats. Mailboxes saved in PST file format can be directly opened using MS Outlook while the EDB file needs to be mounted on Exchange Server. Also, you can save all your recovered EDB files directly to the Live Exchange Server or Office 365 cloud service, without interfering with the working of the Server.